Your audiologists should ask each customer questions throughout their journey and listen carefully to their answers. The inability to close a sale is often the result of:
- Not meeting the customer’s expectations
- Not listening
- Not asking the right questions
- Making incorrect assumptions
Instead of asking simple, closed questions such as “can you hear well,” spend time exploring how their hearing loss has negatively impacted their quality of life and how committed they are to improving their hearing.
More than two-thirds (69%) of customers say it’s essential for salespeople to listen to their needs when trying to make a sale. Asking the right questions is the best way to understand each customer’s wants, needs, and “pain points.”
Ask things like:
- When did you first become aware of your hearing loss?
- How is it negatively impacting your life?
- Which activities are you not enjoying as much as you used to?
- How important is it to you to find a solution for your hearing loss?
- How would it improve your life to find the right solution?
- What do you expect a hearing aid to do for you?